Friday 22 April 2011

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

The colour scheme I chose to use of  black, red, yellow and white is conventional. As black, white and red are popular colours in real magazines. I chose these colours because I had seen them used so often in other magazines. However I used yellow, a less popular colour, to make my magazine unique, appealing and familiar to readers. The colour yellow goes well with my masthead ‘UNPLUGGED’ and compliments the other colours also represents the acoustic genre my magazine covers and appeals to. My choice in the masthead and colour scheme was influenced by the feedback from my questionnaire which I did as preliminary research before producing my front cover. Here are some examples of a similar colour scheme from NME.

No comments:

Post a Comment