Friday 29 April 2011

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

The title of my article is ‘JJ’s six Strings’ I think this is effective because its short and uses alliteration. The title, pull quote, and questions all fit in with my colour scheme of yellow, white, red and black that I used throughout my magazine.

I originally used the same main image that is on my front cover but I decided to use this image because it’s a long shot and includes the models whole body and fits better on the page. The content of my article appeals to my target audience because it is written in a code of language they are used to. The question and answer format is simple and easy to follow, it also includes questions that they are likely to want to ask the artist. The introduction is informative and provides description of the artist and his background.
I used the pull quote ‘I was in shock I couldn’t believe Eric Clapton wanted to work with me!’ as it appeals to my target audience, who are likely to be fans of Eric Clapton and relate to Jordan’s surprise and joy at being asked to work with him. I chose to use a subsidiary image to feature with a quotation from a Radio 1 DJ about Jordan’s album. With a subsidiary title ‘Radio 1 DJ Ella Jones’, I have seen this used on real articles in music magazines.

Here are some examples of real magazine double page spreads that share similar conventions to mine.

These double page spreads both have the main image on the left with a subsiduary image and text on the right. The first example has a Radio 1 DJ's quote and image, i used a similar feature to this in my article. Also the first example uses text near the bottom left of the page this is not conventional however i have chosen to use a similar layout as this example.

No comments:

Post a Comment